How to Live with a RoommateOctober 3, 2019
Surplus Stock? Use Self StorageJanuary 9, 2020
You spent a lot of money on your toys and they deserve protection when not in use. Small self storage lockers are ideal to securely, privately and inexpensively store your Jet Skis, ATVs, Snowmobiles and Motorcycles. We have researched some of the best tips to prepare the vehicles for storage.
Storage Tips For Motorcycles, Jet Skis & ATV’s
- Before reserving a unit ask or measure the doors to make sure your toys will fit through.
- Bring proof of registration & insurance as this is generally required by storage facilities
- Clean your vehicle before hand to protect the parts. Consider using dust covers to reduce the dust and any condensation dripping.
- Remove the battery. Purchase a battery “trickle” charger to keep your battery charged at home while your vehicle is in storage. This also reduces the risk of theft.
- Fill up the tires to their highest level.
- Make the necessary repairs or maintenance before storing your vehicle.
- To prevent leaks and fire hazards, drain most of the fuel tank and pour in some fuel stabilizer which is terrific protection during cold winters.
- Place cardboard or mats on the unit’s floor so it does not get damaged.
These simple steps will keep up your vehicle’s performance and protect its value.
Rt 15 Storage in Dillsburg and Stop and Store in York and Dover are popular places to store motorbikes, ATVs and skidoos.